GIS Team Leader
At GeoPostcodes, a fast growing Belgian tech company, we are looking for a devoted team leader that can use his or her expertise to create a caring environment where our research and development team can excel. This team is responsible for the datasets that are used around the globe by Fortune 500 companies and are essential to creators of geolocation products. The customers that rely on our expertise include Pinterest, wish.com, SAP, DHL, and many others. You’ll be joining a team of passionate industry experts that care about results, quality and respect your personal time.
- Organize, plan and structure the work of our bright team of data experts to keep our postal data up to date and develop qualitative new features.
- Put your geographical data processing knowledge into practice to obtain the team objectives.
- Earn the trust of our team and take over team management duties such as sprint planning & retrospective, recruitment and performance feedback.
- Answering technical questions of our clients with care and professionalism.
- Enjoy discovering the world from your computer and have fun challenging our experts at Geographic trivia.
- Work closely with our Head of Product to create a great team collaboration and celebrate wins and achievements.
- You enjoy data processing and are eager to foster your knowledge in managing large geographic data sets.
- You hold a Master's Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Bio-Engineering or related fields.
- You talk SQL and QGIS at family dinners. You have minimum 5 years experience working with data processing (e.g., python, SQL) and GIS software (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, FME).
- You are solution-oriented, ready to inspect our data and explore ways to keep improving our processes.
- You have experience leading a team or can demonstrate your skills and motivation to become our team leader.
- You have at least an upper-intermediate level in English (B2).